Emergency Housing for foreign students
You should continue to check the SSH-website as sometimes there are cancellations resulting in new rooms becoming available which were not visible before.
If you have not found any accommodation, as a very last resort there will be temporary emergency accommodation available. The emergency accommodation gives you the oppportunity to find permanent accommodation. Please note that the ammount of beds are limited, so we urge you to look for a room as soon as possible to make space for other students.
- The first temporary emergency accommodation provided by SSH Student Housing, The Martinihouse is open.The availabiltiy fluctuates. We advice you to check the availability on a daily basis. More information about the temporary emergency accommodation and further information about a temporary stay at Martinihouse you will find here.
- Currently there are no beds available at the Martinihouse.
- The second short-term emergency accommodation: The Village, Peizerweg is open. The availabiltiy fluctuates. We advice you to check the availability on a daily basis. More information about this temporary emergency accommodation and further information about a temporary stay at The Village you will find here.
- Currently there are 47 beds available at the Peizerweg.
- The third short-term accommodation: The BudGett Hostel, Groningen (rademarkt 3, Groningen), is open from August 27th and will have a few rooms available for international students from Hanze UAS and the University of Groningen. If you like to book a bed, you can come directly to The BudGett Hostel, Rademarkt 3 Groningen and mention that you are a Hanze student upon arrival. The hostel has several shared rooms and the following facilities: rooms with own bathroom; free luggage store; lounge; shop with coffee, tea, snacks and soda’s, free use of kitchen amenities, a bar, hot water and a restaurant. The price for one night is €23,70. More information about the hostel can be found on the following website: Bud Gett Hostels in the city centre of Groningen.
The accommodations follow the instructions of the government, the RIVM and the GGD with regards to the coronavirus. It is the responsibility of the inhabitants to follow these rules. More information about the rules can be found on the website of the government.